Tequila Lime Chicken is packed with vibrant flavors and cooks in under 30 min- A fun and festive Mexican-style dish perfect for friday night dinner parties and week-night meals alike!
- * 2 skinless free range chicken breast
- * 1 tbsp olive oil, for grilling
- for the marinade:
- * 1 tbsp extravirgin olive oil
- * 1/4 cup good quality gold tequila
- * zest of 2 lime
- * 1 tsp light honey
- * 1 tbsp hot or mild paprika powder
- * 1 thai red chilli, finely minced
- * 1 garlic clove, finely minced
- * a generou pinch of sea salt and cayenne pepper
- to serve:
- * 1/2 cup pinepple salsa
- * lime wedge
- Whisk all the marinade ingredients together in a bowl. Add the chicken breasts into the marinade, and stir well to combine.
- Divide the chicken into two zip-log bags, and pour half the marinade on each breast. Close the bags and marinate in the fridge for 15 minutes but best for 2 hours.
- Drizzle with oil a grill pan, and heat until medium-high heat.
- Place the chicken breasts on the grill and spoon any remaining marinade from the bag over top. Grill, covered, for 4 minutes one one side. Turn the breast and cook a further 5 mins.
- Serve immediately with lime wedges on the side, and top with fresh cilantro and a spoonful of pineapple salsa