Spice up your midweek chicken with a sticky soy glaze
- 6 garlic cloves , crushed
- 2.0 tbsp tamari
- For the marinade
- 2.0 tsp vegetable oil
- Chopped coriander , to serve
- 5.0 tbsp stem ginger in syrup, chopped
- 1-2 red chillies , deseeded and chopped
- 2.0 tbsp clear honey
- 3.0 tbsp sherry or rice wine
- 8 skin-on chicken thighs
- Heat oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4. Slash the skin on each chicken thigh 2-3 times. Mix the marinade ingredients together in a large bowl. Toss the chicken in the marinade until completely coated, then either cook straight away or cover and chill for a few hrs to marinate.
- To cook, place the chicken in a shallow roasting tin in a single layer and pour over the marinade. Bake for 35-40 mins. Drizzle with honey, place under a medium grill and cook for 3 mins more, until the skin is golden and crisp.
- Place the chicken on a serving plate and tip all the cooking juices into a small saucepan, pouring off any excess fat. Over a medium heat, bubble down the juices until thick and syrupy. Drizzle over the chicken and scatter with coriander.