A healthy cauliflower bake with authentic South Indian flavors
- 1 big cauliflower (cut into small florets)
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons sambar powder (a south indian curry powder)
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 2 tablespoons crushed curry leaves
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon hing (asafoetida)
- 2 tablespoon cornflour or corn starch
- 1 tablespoon lemon rind
- Salt to taste
- Chopped coriander & chat masala to garnish
- Cut the cauliflower into small florets and clean it by soaking in a mixture of warm water and salt for 15 mins.
- In a large mixing bowl combine all the other ingredients, except the lemon rind and coriander, and mix well.
- Add the cauliflower florets and toss well to coat thoroughly with the mixture. Leave aside for 20 minutes to marinate.
- Preheat an oven to 200 degree C and put aluminum foil on a baking tray.
- Spread the cauliflower evenly on the tray and sprinkle the lemon rind on top. Bake for 25 minutes, tossing it once after 15 minutes. To get a brown crispy surface, turn the oven to grill mode and grill for 3-5 minutes at 200 degree C.
- Garnish with chopped coriander, chat masala and serve hot. A great appetizer!