Perfect winter comfort food : Indian Cheese stuffed flatbread served with spicy yogurt.
- * 1.5 cup whole wheat flour
- * 1.5 tsp salt
- * 3/4 cup plus 2 tbsp water
- * 8 oz paneer (indian cheese), shredded
- * salt to taste
- * 2.5 tsp amchoor (mango powder or khatai) or dried pomegranate powder
- * 1-1.5 tsp red chili powder
- * 2-3 green chilie, chopped (optional)
- In a bowl, add whole wheat flour, salt and water. Knead it into a smooth dough. Keep it aside.
- In another bowl, add shredded cheese, mango powder, salt and red chili powder and green chilies if using. Mix it all together nicely.
- Divide dough into 6 equal size balls.
- Roll one ball at a time into a small circle. Place around 2 tbsp or less filling in the center and bring it all together to seal the filling inside the dough. Using your hands flatten it a bit and then sprinkle it with flour on both the sides. Roll to a medium-thin thickness.
- Keep it aside and repeat with the remaining ones.
- Now heat a flat pan. Transfer one parantha and let it cook for 1 minute. Flip and coat the top side with little olive oil or ghee. Flip and coat the other side. Press lightly and flip. Make sure it gets cooked on both sides. Transfer it to a paper towel and cook remaining ones.
- Serve with yogurt with salt and red chili and hot tea.