This is a paleo version of my very popular thai chicken and cashew nut stir fry.
- * 2 cup sliced mushroom
- * 1 cup sliced red capsicum
- * 3 cup spring onion,
- * 1 teaspoon dried chilli seed
- * 4 tablespoon of honey
- * 2 tablespoon fish sauce
- * 3 tablespoon coconut amino seasoning*
- * 15g fresh garlic clove, peeled and
- * 1 cup of roasted salted cashew nut (*see note)
- * 1 long red chilli (*see note)
- * 500g chicken breast (*see note)
- * 1 brown onion finely sliced
- * 1 additional clove of garlic (finely diced)
- * 2 tablespoon of olive oil
- Place the fresh chilli, honey (or coconut sugar), coconut amino seasoning, fish sauce and 15g of fresh garlic into a food processor and blend until smooth. Set mixture aside.
- Place two tablespoons of olive oil in a large saucepan or wok and heat.
- When oil has heated, add additional clove of garlic, dried chilli seeds and onion and stir until onion is translucent.
- Add chicken and stir fry until chicken had browned (and you can see no pink chicken bits)
- Add the mushroom and stir briefly then add sauce mixture and stir until mushrooms are slightly soft.
- Add the capsicum and stir briefly before turning off the heat.
- As a final step, just before serving, add in the spring onion and cashew nuts and toss through.
- Serve immediately (while spring onions are still crisp and cashew nuts still crunchy).