Easy to make, oven roasted chicken thighs
- * 1 heaped tablespoon of honey
- * 1 tablespoon of coconut amino seasoning
- * 2 tablespoon of olive oil
- * ⅛ teaspoon of finely ground himalayan salt*
- * 1/2 teaspoon of dried chilli flake (optional)
- * 4 chicken thigh, skin on, bone in
- Place the honey, coconut amino seasoning, olive oil and salt (and optional chilli) into a bowl and stir until the ingredients until blended and it has a consistent honey like texture
- If you wish, to maximise the flavour, remove the skin and score the top of the chicken thigh with a sharp knife (this will help the marinade soak into the meat)
- Add the chicken thighs to the marinade and toss until the thighs are well coated
- Cover and place in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour (but ideally, 12 – 24 hours)
- When you are ready to cook the chicken thighs, preheat the oven to 175 degrees celsius
- Place a rack into a rousing tray and place the chicken thighs onto the rack, pour one cup of water onto the bottom of the tray. (If you do not have a rack, place the thighs onto an ordinary non stick baking tray and do not add any water).
- Bake for 35-40 minutes (or until golden brown).
- Garnish with chopped parsley, coriander, chilli flakes and/or slices of fresh lime.