This Middle Eastern Chicken Salad is perfect for a light lunch or dinner and is on the table in 20 minutes.
- * 1 free range chicken breast
- * olive oil
- * salt and pepper
- * 1 tsp fennel seed
- * 2 clove of garlic, peeled and finely diced
- * 2 orange juice 1 orange, peel and roughly chop the other
- * 1/2 tsp saffron thread
- * 1 tbspn honey
- * 1 baby fennel bulb, finely sliced
- * a handful of fresh basil leaf, roughly chopped
- * a handful of fresh mint leaf, roughly chopped
- * 1 red chilli, finely diced
- * a handful of coriander (cilantro)
- Heat the oven to 200 degrees centigrade.
- Slice chicken horizontally to flatten (but don’t cut all the way through).
- Rub the chicken with a little olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Heat a medium-sized frying pan over a medium heat and cook chicken for 2-3 minutes each side.
- Transfer to an oven-safe tray or pan, sprinkle with fennel seeds and garlic.
- Toss well to coat.
- Cook in the oven for approximately 10 minutes, or until cooked through.
- Remove from heat, wrap in foil and set aside to rest.
- Combine the juice of one orange, saffron and honey in a small bowl.
- In a larger bowl combine fennel, chilli, remaining orange, basil, mint and coriander.
- Add half the dressing and toss well.
- Remove chicken from foil and slice.
- To serve arrange salad on plate and top with sliced chicken.
- Pour over remaining dressing and season to taste.