Perfect food for a big game or a movie night… hot hot hot chicken wings with fresh crunchy celery and a creamy blue cheese dip.
- 1 tbsp chilli powder
- 2 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp celery salt
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1.5 kg chicken wings
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 60 ml Frank’s Hot sauce (Instead of Tabasco)
- 1 tbsp sriracha sauce
- 75 g natural yoghurt
- 75 g sour cream
- 75 g blue cheese (stilton is perfect)
- 1 bunch of fresh chives
- 1 head of celery
- Preheat an oven to 200ºC. Mix together the chilli powder, paprika, cayenne, garlic powder, celery salt and brown sugar in a bowl. Throw in the wings and coat them really well. *Even easier do this in a large zip lock bag.
- Arrange the wings onto a single even layer on a couple of baking trays. Bake the wings for 20 minutes, then either turn the grill on to high and grill on both sides until really crispy, or deep fry at 180ºC for 2-3 minutes.
- In a frying pan combine the sriracha, butter, honey and cayenne with the Frank’s Hot Sauce. Heat until it bubbles.
- Toss the cooked and either grilled or fried wings in the hot sauce for a minute or so until they are all coated and sizzling nicely.
- Blitz up all the ingredients for the dip in a food processor, taste, amend salt and pepper levels if required and serve beside the chicken wings with sticks of ice cold celery. Makes about 24 wings