- * 1 cup cracked wheat ( can be easily found in indian store)
- * 2-3 cup of milk ( whole milk, low fat percent milk or coconut milk)
- (i used 2% milk)
- * pinch of turmeric
- * sugar to taste ( honey or maple syrup can used a well)
- * almond or any kind of nut for garnish (optional)
- * unsweetened shredded coconut for garnish (optional)
- You can play around with the garnishing of your choice. Any kind of nuts can be used, you can use fruits, preserves. It’s all about how you prefer.
- In a pressure cooker, add 1 cup dry cracked wheat. Roast it on high flame till it starts to get golden brown. Add 2.5 cups of water to it and close the lid. Let the cooker whistle 3-4 times.
- I have noticed that sometimes while whistling it throws around the food so as a precautionary measure, let the cooker whistle once and then lower the flame and let it simmer for 7-10 mins. Turn off the gas and let it cool. At this stage you can keep it in an airtight container for later use in refrigerator.
- If eating now, then add milk according to the desired consistency, pinch of turmeric and sugar. Let it boil once. Taste and adjust sugar.
- Serve hot or warm along with toppings of your choice.