- 2-3 large potatoes, cubed
- 1 medium size cauliflower, cut into florets almost similar in size with potato cubes
- 1 tablespoon ginger, minced
- 1 jalapeno, finely chopped
- ½ teaspoon turmeric powder
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon cumin powder
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 tablespoon lime juice
- ¼ cup cilantro, finely chopped
- In a large pot with enough water, boil the potatoes until tender but still firm. About 8-12 minutes, depending on the size. Drain and set aside.
- In a pot place steamer basket over boiling water and steam cauliflower florets until tender but still firm, for about 5-7 minutes. Set aside.
- In a bolw add minced giner, jalapeno, turmeric powder, cumine powder and paprika along with 2 tablespoon of water. Make a paste and set aside.
- Heat a large wok/skillet on medium-high heat and add oil. Once the oil is hot add the ginger jalapeno paste and stir-fry it till all the liquid is cooked away for about 2-3 minutes. Now quickly add the potatoes and cauliflower along with salt. Toss them well into the spice mixture so they all get well coated. Make sure to do this gently so the potatoes and cauliflower don’t start to break down.
- Let everything cook for another 3-5 minutes, for the flavors to blend. O
- Finally add the chopped cilantro and lime juice. Give a last toss and serve.
- Serve hot with lime wedges on side.