Here’s a favourite dish for most Indians. VCheck out the recipe for Dal Tadka. Enjoy!
½ cup split pigeon pea (toovar dal), soaked, drained and boiled with enough water and turmeric powder
½ cup split Bengal gram (chana dal), soaked, drained and boiled with enough water and turmeric powder
2 tablespoons ghee
1 teaspoon cumin seeds
A pinch of asafoetida
4-6 garlic cloves, chopped
1 inch ginger piece, chopped
2 medium onions, chopped
Salt to taste
2 medium tomatoes, chopped
1 teaspoon red chilli powder
¼ teaspoon turmeric powder
¼ teaspoon cumin powder
½ teaspoon coriander powder
½ teaspoon garam masala powder
Juice of 1 lemon
1 tablespoon chopped fresh coriander leaves
1. Heat ghee in a non-stick pan and add cumin seeds. Once they
change colour, add asafetida and mix.
2. Add garlic and ginger and sauté on medium heat for a minute.
Add onions and a pinch of salt and sauté till the onions turn
3. Add tomatoes and sauté till they turn pulpy.
4. Add red chilli powder, turmeric powder, cumin powder,
coriander powder and garam masala powder and mix well.
Cook for a minute and add the cooked grams and salt. Mix
5. Add water if required and bring to a boil.
6. Add lemon juice and remove from heat.
7. Transfer into a serving bowl, garnish with coriander leaves and
Click to Subscribe: http://bit.ly/1h0pGXf
Cookware by : http://www.wonderchef.in
Facebook : http://www.facebook.com/ChefSanjeevKapoor
Twitter : https://twitter.com/sanjeevkapoor